Donour Lodge – Self Catering Holiday Cottage in Fanore, County Clare, Ireland
A fabulous semi-detached cottage with fantastic sea views situated two miles from the village of Fanore in County Clare. This delightful Fanore cottage, which is surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Wild Atlantic Way, provides spacious accommodation for families and friends who wish to spend time together, in one of the most beautiful counties in Ireland.
This charming cottage near Fanore has an open plan living area, with a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area and a sitting area with warming woodburning stove. If you are looking for peace and quiet, there is the luxury of two separate sitting rooms where you can settle down with a good book or sit and plan the next day’s activities. There are also seven lovely bedrooms at this Fanore holiday home, one of which has a fabulous sauna and five have en-suites.
Outside this County Clare cottage there is a large lawned garden and a fabulous patio area at the side, where you can relax with a refreshing drink or dine alfresco and enjoy the fantastic views of the Burren. From your beautiful holiday home explore Fanore which is a popular village for walkers, surfers and tourists, and also boasts a nice sandy beach. The village is of particular interest to botanists and geologists, owing to its location on the edge of the Burren – renowned for its unique flora and fauna and rugged landscape.
Further afield from your lovely Fanore cottage you can explore the surrounding areas which include Lisdoonvarna, situated between Ballyvaughan and Doolin in County Clare. Lisdoonvarna is Ireland’s premier Spa town, home to the only active spa centre in Ireland; boasting a Victorian pump house, sauna, massage room and mineral baths, set in woodland surroundings. The town is also home to the 150 year old Matchmaking Festival, which takes place every year during September and October and has eight pubs, some offering traditional Irish music, along with good shops and restaurants.
Galway city is also a must with its many pubs, restaurants and cafes. A little further away is Lahinch, a bustling seaside resort, offering a promenade, golf links, Seaworld and a leisure complex. In addition, the world renowned Doolin is 9 miles away, famous for its traditional pubs and restaurants. A beautiful location with something for everyone. A charming County Clare cottage in a wonderful part of Ireland, to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
- Two double bedrooms with en-suite shower, basin & WC
- One twin bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC
- One family room with 1 double & 2 single & en-suite shower, basin & WC
- Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin & WC
- Basin & WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area (seats 6) & sitting area (seats 2) with electric stove
- Dining room (seats 6)
- Sitting room (seats 6) with woodburning stove
- One double bedroom with sauna and en-suite shower, basin & WC
- Two double bedrooms
- Sitting room (seats 5)
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove & electric stove
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 9 x TVs with Free-to-air channels, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel & power charged by meter reading, first €35 combined electric & oil & starter pack for stove included
- Bed linen & towels included
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- No smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Front & rear lawned garden
- Side patio with furniture
- Shop & pub, 2.6 miles
- Beach 10 mins walk
- Owners have their own friendly dog
- Small pond in the front garden, children to be supervised
This property offers a smaller party reduction:
Smaller Party Reductions are offered in participating holiday cottages that sleep 8 or more people in 4 or more bedrooms. Where the party does not exceed 6 people, the normal weekly rental price (before booking fee) is reduced by 25%. Please note: Smaller Party Reductions do not apply to short breaks.
Smaller Party Reductions are available during the following dates:
30th August – 27th September 2014
18th April – 23rd May 2015
30th May – 11th July 2015
29th August – 26th September 2015